Hello 2022! It’s finally here. I think we can all agree that we've never been more ready for a fresh start and some rest and relaxation! So, let's make the year 2022 the year of ME. It's time to put yourself first because we all need to take better care of ourselves.
At Cavill & Wicks we have created two new candles to be the centrepiece of your own at home-oasis. Our new Amalfi Lemon & Bamboo and Black Coconut & Bergamot candles. Amalfi Lemon & Bamboo will transport you to Italy's Amalfi Coast with a refreshing combination of zesty lemon, sea salt, orange bergamot, creamy avocado and green bamboo. Our luxurious Black Coconut & Bergamot is reminiscent of a tropical sunrise on a warm coastal morning. Milky coconut and sensual bergamot intertwine with fresh pineapple, smooth amber and light vanilla.
We've put together some tips below to help you get the most of your self care this year.
AT-HOME HYDROTHERAPY SPA
Creating a soothing hydrotherapy spa at home is easier than it sounds and can make self-care simple if you have the space. It doesn't take much to transform a regular bathtub into a luxurious spa. Here are our top tips to help you improve your bath experience and create your perfect spa.
1. Dim the lights, and create ambiance with a Cavill & Wicks luxury candle. Choose your favourite scent to provide the perfect setting to unwind. Add smaller tea-light candles for an extra relaxing atmosphere. Then add a sea soak or bubble bath to help soak your muscles & add to the soothing experience.
2. Add music! Listening to a relaxing playlist like this one can help set the mood and ease stress while you soak.
4. Add a Breathable Back Support Bath Pillow to your tub to make your soak more supportive and comfortable.
5. Bring in some extra support for your favourite items like books, wine or iPad with a Bamboo Bath tray. This one is a staple for us!
6. Turn your bath into the ultimate at-home hydrotherapy spa with a bubbling bathtub massage mat.
Something that always helps give us some me-time is meditation. It provides a centred sense of calm when the world feels upside down. Meditation is heightened when you add smell to the mix. It's said that burning Palo Santo or Nag Champa before meditating helps clear your mind and energy of negativity. Having scent present can help your mind focus on relaxation and less on what’s going on around you. Even just 10 minutes a day can help give your brain a break.
Here's are a few tips to help make the most of your meditation experience.
1. Listen to our favourite meditation playlist on Spotify by Meditation Station.
2. Choose a time to meditate and stick to it!
3. Create a designated meditation space.
4. Go into your meditation without expectations.
5. Promote deeper relaxation with a Tibetan Singing Bowl.
LINKS TO USA PRODUCTS: Tibetan Singing Bowl
EXTRA LONG SHOWERS
Not everyone has access to a bathtub or a spa space. In that case, try and make time for yourself with an extra long, extra hot shower. Did you know that a shower with hot water and steam produces negative ions? This is one of the reasons why people often need to take showers to wake up in the morning. Negative ions are very beneficial for the human body. They clear the air of airborne allergens such as pollen, spores, viruses and bacteria. They also create biochemical reactions in the body that increase levels of the mood chemical serotonin, helping alleviate depression and stress and boosting our moods.
Here are a few tips to help you make the most of your relaxing shower!
1. Create relaxing lighting by dimming lights and lighting luxurious candles.
2. Hang a beautiful shower curtain.
5. Embrace Aromatherapy by adding Cavill & Wicks shower steamers to sooth your soul, or recharge your batteries.
LINK TO USA PRODUCTS: Dry Brush
In honour of New Year, New Me we have created a special New Year bundles to get your 2022 started stress-free! Check them out here.
Cheers to making the most of self-care in 2022! Wishing everyone a safe & happy new year.