GET THE BEST FROM YOUR CANDLES
- Find your favourite.
- Sweating on the top of your candle is normal.
- Trim the wick. Keep your wick trimmed to 1/8" at all times.
- Let the wax pool. Each time you burn your candle, allow the entire top layer to become a fragrant pool of liquid wax and you'll get the biggest, boldest scent possible. For the first burn; "the inagural burn"is the most important. Keep the candle lit for 1 hour for every inch of width. (ie. 3 hours for a 3" wide candle)
- Make sure your candle is at room temperature before lighting. Lighting a cold candle can cause tunnelling.
- Burn it safely. Always burn your candle on a heat-resistant surface, keep it out of drafts, away from clothing and fabrics, and never leave it unattended while lit. Keep children and pets away.
Trim the wick to 1/8 of an inch. Avoid extinguishing the candle until the wax pool that forms close to the wick almost reaches the outer edge of the candle. Then, blow it out and let it set.
Know when to say goodbye. When only 1/2" of wax remains, it's time to let your candle go. Recycle your candle jar wherever possible.
After you order, please allow 1-3 business days for your order to be processed, wrapped and shipped. Once we post your order, please check your tracking number to follow your delivery status.
We offer free shipping on all Canadian & US orders over $90 using Canada Post tracked.
We hope you are 100% satisfied with your Cavill & Wicks purchase. If for any reason you are not satisfied, we offer a refund or exchange on unused, full-priced items within 15 days of your purchase date. Please contact us to initiate a return or exchange.
- The product MUST be in it's original packaging
- The products isn't used or damaged
- The product was purchased in the past 15 days
- Shipping charges incurred with the return of a product are the responsibility of the customer and are non-refundable. Customers are liable for the risk of loss or damage to the product during shipping.
- Once your order has been returned to us undamaged, your refund will be processed.
If your item is damaged or defective please contact us immediately so that we may address the issue.
Candles can be a serious fire hazard if not properly used. Please use the following tips in order to help minimize the risk when burning candles in your home or elsewhere.
Do NOT burn candles near anything that can catch fire (bedding, curtains, towels, decorations, clothing, trees)
Keep candles out of reach of children or pets
Please follow the instructions for burning on the caution sticker on the bottom of your candle
Keep your wick trimmed before each use to a 1/8 or 1/4 of an inch. Look for your wick ‘mushrooming’ and always be sure to trim away these black bubbles.
Make sure to burn candles in a well ventilated area
Discontinue burning your candles when about 1/2 an inch of wax remains and/or the wick detaches and moves off center. Our wick clips are set to a specific safety height to keep the flame a ½ inch from the bottom of the glass. Having wax left over in your candle is completely normal. Please note that the wick can move off-centre if it is exposed to very cold temperature, ie winter shipping. If the candle shrinks in transit, the wick may no longer be attached to the glass jar. Be sure to be very mindful of your candle being loose in order to monitor when the wax level becomes low. Please also note that if the flame touches the side of the glass, it can cause cracking due to the heat and break.